Undoped YAG Crystal is an excellent material for UV-IR optical windows, particularly for high temperature and high energy density applications,
The echanical and chemical stability is comparable to sapphire crystal, but YAG is unique
with non-birefringence and available with higher optical homogeneity and surface quality. YAG boule
grown by CZ method, as-cut blocks, windows and mirrors are available from Red Optronics.
● Transmission in 0.25-5.0mm, no absorption in 2-3mm
● Extremely hard and durable
● High thermal conductivity
● High bulk damage threshold
● High index of refraction and Non-birefringence.
better than λ/8@633nm
better than 10''
better than 5'
10-5 per MIL-O-1383A
better than λ/6 per inch@1064nm
Note: other high-precision windows, AR- and HR-coatings are available upon reques